Sunday, December 7, 2014

Outboard

Its been awhile since my last post. I decided to go with a outboard motor instead of trying to fix the transmission. So I purchased a Suzuki 9.9 extra long shaft, high thrust prop.  I've got all the parts needed to install the outboard motor with full remote controls.

My hopes is to get it all installed this coming week. All I need to do is find a strong back and weak mind person to help me out. The 9.9 Suzuki is in the 100 lb area. Little much for me by myself.

I hate drilling holes in the boat but I'll need to do two of them. One for the tachometer 3 3/8" and one for the wiring and telflex cables. I think I can get by with 2" on the cables.  

If you look at the photo of the boat you'll see a large port, they are a real pain. I have taken them out twice, cleaned the edges, new calk, reinstalled and the damn things still leak. One more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment