Sunday, December 14, 2014

Outboard installed

Yesterday I got help and hung the Suzuki 9.9 outboard on Miss Sadie.  I'll have to beef up the inside of the transom. It show just a slight movement when moving the motor side to side. I'll add 2 pieces of 3/4" oak plywood to really beef it up. One will be 14x24 and the other 14x35. There is a 3/4" piece already epoxied and fiberglass to the transom. I'll add the 14x24 will be epoxied to the transom and butt fiberglass tape the two together piece. Then the 14x35 will overlap both pieces, epoxied together and covered with fiberglass. Hope with will be strong enough.

I think my outboard bracket is to light for my motor. I'll order a bracket designed for a 4 stroke between 7.5 and 25hp. That should be good enough. Wish I could find a used one. I check ebay and Amazon is the cheapest.


No comments:

Post a Comment