Saturday, July 12, 2014

Dead boat

Here's the latest on what going to happened.
Today we are staying put.  I'm going to correct the battery system so that the now dead Duralast battery can be turn off and the new Walmart battery connected.
Then I'm going to see if I have enough extra sheet line on the jib halyard to use as a jib sheet.

Then I'm going to hang the outboard motor on the stern bracket. Just in case the engine over heats again.

If I can't find someone to dive on the prop to check again Hope fully I can hold my breath long enough to get it checked for seaweed. I don't think that's the problem.

Then tomorrow we will head east again.   If I can't make at least 4.5 mph we will turn around and head back to Port Lavaca.  We'll anchor in the Colorado River for the night. Because it will take up 15 hours to get back to PL. I'll finish painting the deck and put her up for sale.  Just can't do this any longer.  I just don't have the desire to fight a dead boat.  I just can't bring her back to life.

2 comments:

  1. Hope it doesn't come to that, David. You've put a whole lot of work into her that someone else would just get the benefit from. But having to deal with multiple system failures is a huge stressor and not good for your health. Good fortune and let us know ho wit turns out. Greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its better for someone to get the benefits than let her sit and rot. I trusted the wrong person in buying her. We had a very short window that we could go cruising in and now that window is gone. Sell the boat, take my losses, terminate the friendship and move on. End of story.

      Delete